Sit. Stay. Drink. Enjoy the banks of the Missouri River in the historic Murphy, Neel & Co. mercantile built in 1880. We have entwined the area's rich history into our brewery where each beer has a unique story of how it came to be, tying the past to the present.
Inquire on how to join our Mug Club for $2 beers for life enjoyed from a Member's Only 16 oz mug. Membership is filling up!
The Golden Triangle is created by following Highway 87 from Great Falls through Fort Benton and on to Havre. Then west on Highway 2 to Shelby and back down Interstate 15 to complete the triangle.
This area is known for its rich agricultural history and modern production of barley, wheat and other grains - making it ideal for our brewery to create one-of-a-kind Golden Triangle beers for your enjoyment.
Follow along on social media for upcoming events!
We have selected family farms and companies within Montana's Golden Triangle to provide us with the freshest ingredients and create unique and hyper local brews with a flavor profile that showcases our terroir.
• Jalapeño Honey Hefeweizen ABV: 4.8% IBU: 31
Dean Bomgardner (Bummy) harassed us for months to make a jalapeño beer.
Spring wheat from Bomgardner's Farm in Loma is custom malted by Farm Power Malts, along with Montana-grown 2-Row barley and jalapeños, this hazy hefe is pleasantly complex with a pepper nose and mild, lingering tingle. We add 6 pounds of Yirsa Farms hairy vetch honey and compliment it with Michigan Copper hops grown in Montana by Big Sky Hops Farm.
• Hazy IPA ABV:5.7% IBU: 34Although The origin of the name Whoop Up has been lost in time, this trail from Fort Benton to Canada was traversed by whiskey runners, adventure seekers and the Mounties. This modern IPA is heavy on the hops and light on the bitter.Ryed’n Dirty has rye, raw oats from O’Hara Land & Cattle, barley from Malturop and a unique hop combination of Zappa, Cashmere and HBC-472 for tropical fruits, citrus, melon and spice.
• American Wheat Ale ABV: 5.2% IBU:16
The story of Shep is tragic beauty. After losing his best friend, this Shepard met each passing train hoping to be reunited. This crisp, refreshing ale is handcrafted from hard red winter wheat grown on Bomgardner Farms outside of Loma and custom malted by Farm Power Malt in Power as well as Montana grown Comet hops from Bell Crossing Farms. Shep has a heart of gold, bready notes and a clean finish.
• Scottish Export Ale ABV: 5.8% IBU: 24
Just downstream from Front Street, this point allowed eagle-eyed observers to spot the steamboats and signal the community of the approaching excitement.
With a robust reddish color and malty backbone generated from Montana-grown 2-Row barley, this kilted creation has a complex finish which is sure to warm your spirit.
• Mocha Stout ABV: 7.3% IBU: 41
Thomas Meagher was Montana’s first Territorial Governor and had made many friends and foes during his time in Montana. Both were present on that fateful day in 1867. The cries of ‘man overboard‘ were heard but body was never found. This stout is brewed with barley from MaltEurop and Farm Power Malts, raw oats from O’Hara Land & Cattle, whiskey-aged coffee from Fieldhead’s Coffee Roasters, cacao nibs & vanilla beans.
• German Smoke Lager ABV: 4.8% IBU:24
The Rauchbier (smoke beer) pronounced raushh, is a dark lager made with beechwood smoked malts and is famous from the Franconian city of Bamberg, Germany. This is our twist on an Octoberfest and very fitting as we head into fall and campfire season.
Add a splash of Bomgardner Catering’s herbed lemonade to create a refreshing, delectable glass of sunshine.
Availability may vary. Other Recipes are under development and will be announced as they arrive.
• Biere De Guard
Pierre Chouteau Jr. established Fort Benton in 1846 as the uppermost trading post along the Missouri that was still navigable by steamboat from St. Louis.
This French Biere De Guard (beer of the fort or beer for keeping) has plenty of citrus and spice and will be a perfect compliment as we head into the holidays.
• Steam-style Lager
The Steamboat Benton made the most successful trips from St. Louis to Fort Benton and was a common site along the levee.
In honor of Old Reliable we created a steam-style lager, This amber lager is a truly American style developed during the gold rush.
• Honey Kölsch ABV: 5.2% IBU: 20The honyocker (hon-yocker) is a word with many interpretations. One such is derived from the German, "honigjager", meaning honey chaser, and was a reference to early Montana settlers pursuing sweet opportunities. This light German ale uses internationally awarded honey from Yirsa Farms in Big Sandy, barley from Farm Power Malt and Spelt to create an easy drinking instant favorite. *Gluten Reduced
Don't just read about us, come on in and enjoy a glass! Golden Triangle Brew Co in Fort Benton, Montana.
Find us on the Montana Brewer's Association Trail Maps.
Follow us on Instagram @goldentrianglebrewco and
Cheers and see you soon.
1220 Front Street, Fort Benton, Montana 59442, United States
12:00 pm – 09:00 pm
Hoppy Hour! BOGO Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 4-5 pm